The American Made Weathershield® Extended Battery Life Mount for the Amtek Critter Gitter®
The Weathershield® solves the Critter Gitter shortcoming of it being difficult to mount and more difficult to mount securely for extreme weather environment deployments. And, allows for one to three 9 volt batteries for extended duration deployments.
- Durable ABS plastic (almost no sun deterioration)
- Hook and loop (Velcro) straps for pole or post mounting
- Mounting hole placement guides are marked on an edge
- Can stand alone without mounting
- Easily opened battery compartment for easy access to change one or more batteries.
- Batteries are housed in the compartment instead of the Critter Gitter.
The durable Weatherproof Critter Gitter has 100% sensitivity and range. The external device jack and the switch are covered. Its seam has been covered with a Silicone band. The LED's have been sealed with silicone. The band does not need to be removed for either switch access or to change a battery.
As with most "improvements" there is a downside: The switch is covered by the Silicone Band and its location is not evident. If a person doesn't know where the switch is, it is likely it cannot be located to change the volume or to switch it on or off.